Call for Entries
WORCESTERSHIRE OPEN STUDIOS – Saturday 25 August – Monday 27 August 2018
Worcestershire-based visual artists, photographers and crafts people are invited to take part in Worcestershire Open Studios 2018, which will take place during the August bank holiday weekend.
Entries are welcome from individuals, groups and galleries.
Open studios are a great way to raise your profile, share your work with new and existing audiences, get feedback, make some sales and build a following. You don’t even need to have a studio. Many artists open a room in their home, clear out the garage to display their work or join with others to exhibit, for example in a local hall, cafe or empty shop.
Participants will receive:
- All year round website presence. (In 2017 each artist page received an average of 153 unique visits in the 6 months prior to the event.)
- Promotion before and during the event through a printed colour guide and social media.
- Coverage of the event in print media and other publications.
- Marketing materials to distribute in their locality.
- Customisable poster/postcard templates for producing independent marketing materials.
- Support and advice on preparing for open studios.
- A regular e-newsletter providing updates and tips in the run-up to the event.
- An opportunity to participate in public exhibitions in the lead up to the open studios weekend.
- Opportunities to meet with other local artists and learn from them.
- Notification, throughout the year, of wider opportunities brought to the attention of the organisers.
To take part register online. The costs are:
- £70 – an individual artist
- £100 – two artists at one location
- £150 – three artists at one location
- £200 – a group of four to six artists at one location
- £300 – a group of seven to ten artists at one location
- £100 – a gallery
The deadline for registering and paying the entry fee is 25 March 2018. Places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
See the Registration Guidance Notes.