Worcestershire Artists 2020
Even though this year’s open studios event will not take place, we still want to keep contact with, and continue to support Worcestershire artists through our website. Our aim is to promote the work of Worcestershire artists through our website, which will, in turn, drive traffic to your own website and social media accounts. This additional exposure can help to raise your profile, share your work with new and existing audiences, get feedback, make sales and build a following.
The website has become an important tool for Worcestershire Open Studios and in the year to date it had 58,000 page views, 85% of visits were from new visitors. Each individual artist page had an average of 242 visits, with a range from 111 to 491 visits.
What is being offered
We are offering individual artists an enhanced website presence and opportunities for promotion of artists who sign up. This will include:
1. A dedicated artist page to include:
- A gallery of up to 12 images shown in a flexible grid layout.
- A ‘hero’ image at the top of the page to show detail of a piece of your work.
- Space for several paragraphs of text about you and your work.
- Space for a portrait, head-shot or image of your studio.
- The ability to play a video directly on the page (hosted on Youtube, Vimeo or similar) – this could be, for example, a virtual tour of the your studio, a walk-through tutorial or a time-lapse of work being produced.
- Space for multiple web links to your own website, your work on gallery sites and social media pages.
The layout can be seen on the pages of our Worcestershire Artists.
2. Promotion of the website to Worcestershire Open Studios’ database of previous visitors, other county and regional art networks and via our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
3. Introduction of a new blog section on the website which will be used for promoting individual artists through feature articles with text and images in a Q+A style. Information will come from an artist questionnaire we will ask you to fill in if you wish to take part. Articles will be added to the blog on a regular basis and promoted via social media.
4. Opportunities to submit work to a series of online ‘themed’ galleries at regular intervals.
- We will ask for submissions that respond to a subject, colour or genre.
- The galleries will be promoted through the website and on social media.
- We are seeking sponsorship for each gallery so that prizes can be awarded to ‘favourite’ images as voted for by the public.
5. Discounts from art suppliers that we are currently negotiating.
6. The opportunity to add listings for workshops and events that you are running or taking part in.
7. Notification of wider opportunities brought to our attention by other organisations.
Who can apply
This opportunity will initially be offered to artists who have previously taken part in Worcestershire Open Studios and those who signed up or expressed an interest in taking part in it this year.
This offer is for individual artists. Artists who have taken part previously as part of a group may apply as an individual.
The cost is £25 per artist.
If you signed up for the event proper before the Call for Entries was cancelled and have already paid the original fee for taking part, please send Sally your bank details so that she can refund the balance.
Web pages and content will remain on the site until April 2021 when, all being well, the Call for Entries for Worcestershire Open Studios 2021 will take place. There is no deadline, artists can register at any point throughout the year, however the fee is payable in full regardless of how much of the year remains.
Entry will be via a submission form. We hope to set up a system to allow artists to be able to log in and change some details themselves in the future. In the meantime a limited number of amendments can be requested via email.
The content you provide through images and text must be of a high quality and should not be overly commercial in nature. We reserve the right to amend or reject content if we feel that this is the case. All entries will be proof read and images optimised before going live.