Worcestershire Open Studios 2021
We’re excited to share our plans for Worcestershire Open Studios 2021…
… with the introduction of a new All Year Online Format as well as our Open Studios Weekend 28–30 August.
Last year was a challenging time for everyone responding to an ever-changing series of events. Many artists took up our online offering for 2020 and we have had some great feedback.
Building on this we’ve decided to restructure our format for 2021. With continued ongoing uncertainty regarding public events this allows us to be more flexible and proactive, yet realistic, on what we can offer both to our artists and our visitors.
Our primary aim remains unchanged – to provide a platform to showcase the work of Worcestershire artists to the local community.
Our 2021 programme will be as follows:
ALL YEAR ONLINE FORMAT
Magazine style website with artist profiles
We will continue to offer the 'magazine style' website with the enhanced artist profile pages. We want the Worcestershire Open Studios (WOS) website to represent Worcestershire artists year round, and so from April we will be moving to an annual membership model. This will be open to all Worcestershire based visual artists, photographers and crafts people.
For a participation fee of just £25, you will receive:
- A dedicated profile page on the WOS website with room for your biography, a gallery of images, videos and website and social media links.
- The chance to take part in free and discounted online training to enhance your own profile in areas such as promotion, marketing and social media.
- Discounts from art suppliers.
- The opportunity to submit publicity for you and your work through written, image or video content for the WOS blog.
- The ability to add listings for your exhibitions, events and workshops.
- The ability to manage your own profile page with changes to text, images and web links.
- Opportunities to submit work to several online galleries during the year, including one this spring and a Christmas gift gallery.
- Promotion of the website and blog through all our usual channels.
- The opportunity to take part in additional events and activities that are only open to WOS artists. These will incur additional fees to cover the costs of running them.
2021 OPEN STUDIOS WEEKEND
This remains our flagship event and we are hopeful that it will be able to go ahead if Covid-19 restrictions allow. Applications will be open during June for WOS artists and we will make a decision whether or not to proceed with the event at the end of June.
Fees will be roughly in line with 2019 prices when the annual participation fee is also taken into account. So, this is likely to be £60 for an individual artist and up to £380 for seven to ten artists at one location.
We understand that artists may be wary of allowing visitors into their homes and studios and we'll be offering guidance on safe practices as we get closer to the decision date. Taking part in the open studios weekend is entirely optional; you can still join us to have a year round profile page on the WOS website.
MALVERN POSTER EXHIBITION
throughout July and August
The cabinets outside Waitrose in Exhibition Walk are booked for the whole of July and August. An additional charge of £15 per participating artist will be made to cover the costs of printing the posters.
HOW TO APPLY:
We’re excited about our plans for the year and look forward to welcoming you to Worcestershire Open Studios 2021. Our application process is all online. Just click the button to take you to the application form.